Tuesday, June 9, 2009

june 8 - who denise foolin'?!



today's prompt is to write a response to "The Secret" by denise levertov. Why denise levertov you may wonder? why not? denise and i, thighman82, had a fling many years ago back in my collegiate days. we also have the same birthday, october 24th.
anyhow, check out the backstory on denise levertov.
p.s. - chicago currently houses a different denise of grand poetical stature who is also a 30 day challenger. woop woop!

I want to know as well.
These 2 girls are nothing more than one person
Split down the middle, playing air guitar
Eyes closed and heads swaying

Thinking about the secret and racing
Into other people’s conversations. I
Could never behave like that and get away with it.
Touching the back of her head, other hand

On my alarm clock, smacking it into submission
For another 15 minutes to peter out
Whenever the day comes, whatever the season,
I’ll be found there, laying face down with my best ideas

Engorged in the wee hours, wishing for another 15 minutes
Wondering why they show up at that time anyway
And fantasizing about all the things I’ll get done that year,
Until two girls show up and point out something I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment